CP12 Gas Safety Certificate York: £60 + VAT

It is a legal requirement for Landlords in York to have an annual Gas Safety Certificate or CP12.  We also carry out Gas Safety Checks for home buyers and sellers.

Landlord CP12 Gas Safety Certificate York

Our Service:
Order your Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) in York for a low fixed fee of just £60 + VAT.  Our Gas Safe engineers can also service your boiler if required or carry out repairs.  We can install new boilers too.  Need a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate in York?  Call us for a quote on 07866 022380.

 Fixed low fees – anywhere in York.
 Fast reliable service.
We’ll can arrange access with your tenant.
 Renewal reminders sent every year.

CP12 Gas Safety Certificate: £60 + VAT
CP12 Gas Safety Certificate and boiler service £90 + VAT

call-to-action-button-order-redFAQ’s “How long does a Gas Safety Check in York take?”
Depending on the number of appliances, the gas check will take a
round 30 minutes to an hour.  You must make sure there is credit on token gas or electricity meters.

“What do you need access to?”
Our Gas Safe engineer will need clear access to the gas meter and every gas appliances you have – boilers, hobs, cookers and fires.

“What is involved?”
Engineers will carry out various checks to make sure all gas appliances are safe to use. These checks include:

  • checking flues and chimneys to make sure fumes are being safely removed to outside.
  • checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
  • checking an appliance is burning the gas properly.
  • checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.
  • checking for gas leaks

What if I don’t comply?

If a landlord does not have a valid gas safety certificate, or does not do works required, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has the power to prosecute. Failure to follow gas safety requirements is a criminal offence and can be punished by fines or imprisonment.

A Landlord’s responsibilities: if you let a property with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:

Annual Gas Safety Checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue.  A gas safety check will confirm gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

Record: a copy of the annual gas safety certificate must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.

Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be in a safe condition. We recommended that appliances are serviced annually. Any installation or landlord safety checks must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Make sure your tenants know where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.

CP12 Landlord Gas Safety Certificates York