Electrical Safety Reports

Electrical Installation Condition Reports

Landlords have a legal duty of care to ensure the electrical installation at a property is safe.  We also provide electrical reports for home sellers and buyers.  Call or order online below…

Our Service:
We provide Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICRs) at a fixed fee of just £110 + VAT.  The report will suggest any remedial works which should be undertaken to bring the property up to standard.

We cover a wide area including LeedsBradford, Wakefield, Harrogate, York, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Barnsley, Doncaster and surrounding areas.

 We can arrange surveys directly with your tenant or estate agent.
Local qualified electricians
 Quotes given for any recommended remedial works
 Remedial works carried out at your request

Electrical Installation Condition Reports: £110 + VAT (up to 10 circuits).
(Extra circuits are charged at £15 + VAT per circuit). 


What is an Electrical Installation Condition Report?

Previously named Periodic Reports, an EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is a survey and report into the condition of the wiring of a property – sockets, switches, lighting and fuse board.  The Report outlines any aspects of the installation which require attention, and shows their priority as below:

C1– Danger present. Risk of injury. Immediate remedial action required.
C2– Potentially dangerous – urgent remedial action required.
C3 – Improvement recommended.

If any Code 1 or 2 faults are present, the overall rating will be ‘unsatisfactory’ meaning there are immediate risks to both the property and tenants.  These should obviously be rectified as soon as possible to prevent injury, or legal repercussions if you intend renting the property.

We can also provide a competitive quote to fix items not up to current standard.  We also provide an amended EICR or Domestic Installation Certificate following these works at no charge.

How long does an Electrical installation Condition Report take?
It depends on the size of the property but between one and 2 hours is usually enough to complete the report.

What do you need access to?
Our engineer will need good access to sockets, switches and the distribution or ‘fuse’ board.  Power will need to be turned off.

Is this the same as PAT Testing?
No.  PAT stands for Portable Appliance Testing and is simply a check on appliances such as kettles and lamps.  It doesn’t look at the wiring of the property.

Electrical Safety Certificates in LeedsBradford, Wakefield, Harrogate, York, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Barnsley, Doncaster and surrounding areas.