BY LAW, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate (or EPC) in place before you market your property to sell or rent.
Our qualified and accredited Energy Assessors will issue your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) following a visit to the property, for a fixed fee of £49 + VAT for domestic properties. We also issue Commercial EPCs – contact us for a quote. We issue EPCs in Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax, Huddersfield, Harrogate, York, Doncaster, Barnsley & more…
We can speak to agents or tenants if required, to arrange the inspection
Local qualified Domestic Energy Assessors
Fast turnaround & flexible appointments
Your EPC is emailed to you as a pdf following payment
“From April 2018 Landlords cannot rent or advertise a property that is below an E rating. Landlords with homes below BAND E energy use rating, will have to carry out improvements to increase the rating by law.”
An EPC contains:
- information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
- recommendations on reducing energy use to save money
- information on improving the property under the Green Deal
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
The survey is actually quite in depth and involves looking at various aspects of the building including:
- Build type
- Heating type and boiler model
- Volume and heat loss perimeters
- Party wall type
- Different construction zones
- Loft insulation
- Other insulation present
- Fuel types
- Window types and more…
PENALTIES FOR NOT OBTAINING AN EPC
- The penalty charge specified where the building is a dwelling is £200.00.
- Local authorities choose body responsible for enforcement: Usually Building Control (for new build) and Trading Standards (for existing buildings).
- Enforcement agencies have the power to ask to see an EPC, and to issue a penalty if the certificate is not in place.
- Trading Standards have access to the Landmark Registry (where certificates are stored) to check that certificates have been produced.