Selling or letting a property? BY LAW, you need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) before you market your property.
Our qualified and accredited Energy Assessors will issue your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) following a visit to the property, for a fixed fee of £50 + VAT for domestic properties. We also issue Commercial EPCs – contact us for a quote. We issue EPCs in Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax, Huddersfield, Harrogate, York, Doncaster, Barnsley & more…
We can speak to agents or tenants if required, to arrange the inspection
Qualified and experienced Domestic Energy Assessors
Fast turnaround & flexible appointments
Your EPC is emailed to you as a pdf following payment
NEWS FLASH! “From April 2018 Landlords cannot rent or advertise a property that is below an E rating. Landlords with homes below BAND E energy use rating, will have to carry out improvements to increase the rating by law.”
An EPC contains:
- information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
- recommendations on reducing energy use to save money
- information on improving the property under the Green Deal
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
The survey is actually quite in depth and involves looking at various aspects of the building including:
- Build type
- Heating type and boiler model
- Volume and heat loss perimeters
- Party wall type
- Different construction zones
- Loft insulation
- Other insulation present
- Fuel types
- Window types and more…
PENALTIES FOR NOT OBTAINING AN EPC
- The penalty charge specified where the building is a dwelling is £200.00.
- Local authorities choose body responsible for enforcement: Usually Building Control (for new build) and Trading Standards (for existing buildings).
- Enforcement agencies have the power to ask to see an EPC, and to issue a penalty if the certificate is not in place.
- Trading Standards have access to the Landmark Registry (where certificates are stored) to check that certificates have been produced.