Gas Safety Certificates Huddersfield: £60 + VAT

Landlord CP12 Gas Safety Certificate Huddersfield

It is a legal requirement for Landlords in Huddersfield to have an annual Gas Safety Certificate or CP12.


Our Service:
Our Gas Safe registered engineers will issue your Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) in Huddersfield for a low fixed fee.  We can also service your boiler if required.  We carry out repairs and install new boilers too.  Need a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate in Huddersfield?  Call us for a quote on 07866 022380.

 Fixed fees per property.
 Fast reliable service.
We’ll arrange access directly with your tenant or agent.
We’ll send a renewal reminder next year.

CP12 Gas Safety Certificate: £60 + VAT
CP12 Gas Safety Certificate and boiler service £90 + VAT

“How long does a Gas Safety Check take?”
It depends on the number of appliances but usually 30 minutes to an hour is enough to complete the report.  If pre-payment meters are present, you need to make sure there is credit or working supply for both gas and electric.

“What do you need access to?”
Our engineer will need clear access to the gas meter and any gas appliances you have – boilers, hobs, cookers and fires.

“What is involved?”
Our engineers carry out various checks to make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use. These checks include:

  • checking any flue or chimney to make sure combustion gases (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
  • checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so gas burns properly.
  • checking an appliance is burning the gas properly.
  • checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.
  • checking for gas leaks

Landlords can be prosecuted for not complying with the law.
If a landlord does not have a valid gas safety certificate, or does not do works required, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has the power to prosecute. Failure to follow gas safety requirements is a criminal offence and can be punished by fines or imprisonment.

A Landlord’s responsibilities
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:

Annual Gas Safety Checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue.  A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.

Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. We recommended that appliances are serviced annually. Any installation or landlord safety checks must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Landlords should also inform tenants where to turn off the gas and what to do in the event of a gas emergency.