Selling or letting a property in Halifax? BY LAW you need an Energy Performance Certificate or EPC.
Our qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessors will issue your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) anywhere in the Halifax area, for a fixed fee of £50 + VAT. We also issue commercial EPCs – contact us for a quote. Since 2008 we have supplied thousands of EPCs to landlords and home sellers in Halifax.
Fast efficient service.
Fixed low fees.
Flexible appointment times.
Your EPC is emailed to you as a pdf following payment
“From April 2018 Landlords cannot rent or advertise a property that is below an E rating. Landlords with homes below BAND E energy use rating, will have to carry out improvements to increase the rating by law.”
An EPC contains:
- information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
- recommendations on reducing energy use to save money
- information on improving the property under the Green Deal
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
The survey is actually quite in depth and looks at various aspects of the building including:
- Build type
- Heating types
- Boiler model if applicable
- Heat loss perimeters and volumes
- Party wall types
- Loft insulation
- Other insulation present
- Different construction zones
- Fuel types
- Window types and more…
PENALTIES FOR NOT OBTAINING AN EPC
- The penalty charge specified where the building is a dwelling is £200.00.
- Local authorities choose body responsible for enforcement: Usually Building Control (for new build) and Trading Standards (for existing buildings).
- Enforcement agencies have the power to ask to see an EPC, and to issue a repeatable fine if the certificate is not in place.
- Trading Standards have access to the Landmark Registry (where certificates are lodged) to check that certificates have been produced.