BY LAW you need an Energy Performance Certificate or ‘EPC’ if you are renting or selling your property in Sheffield.
Our qualified and accredited Sheffield Domestic Energy Assessors will issue your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) anywhere in Sheffield and the surrounding area, for a fixed fee of £49 + VAT. We also issue commercial EPCs – contact us or a quote. Since 2008 we have supplied thousands of EPCs to landlords and home sellers in Sheffield.
Fast reliable service.
Competitive fixed fees.
appointments arranged with your agent or tenant.
Your EPC is emailed to you as a pdf following payment.
“From April 2018 Landlords cannot rent or advertise a property that is below an E rating. Landlords with homes below BAND E energy use rating, will have to carry out improvements to increase the rating by law.”
An EPC contains:
- Information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs.
- Recommendations on reducing energy use to save money.
An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.
The survey looks at how the building is constructed, insulated and heated:
- Build type
- Heating types
- Boiler models
- Heat loss perimeters and volumes
- Party wall types
- Loft insulation
- Difference in construction zones
- Types of fuel in use
- Window types and more…
PENALTIES FOR NOT OBTAINING AN EPC
- A repeatable fine of £200.00 applies to residential properties.
- Trading Standards have access to the Landmark Registry (where certificates are stored) to check that certificates have been produced.
- Local authorities choose body responsible for enforcement: Usually Building Control (for new build) and Trading Standards (for existing buildings).
- Enforcement agencies have the power to ask to see an EPC, and to issue a penalty if the certificate is not in place.
EPC providers to Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster and surrounding areas